Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle technique that is used to stimulate the lymphatics system to promote the flow of lymph fluid around the body and circulatory issues. The massage or therapy encourages the natural drainage of the lymph out of the affected area helping to eliminate your body’s waste, reduce swelling as well as boosting your immune system.
The lymphatic system drains excess fluid and waste products from the tissues, deals with inflammation and infection, and transports fats and proteins around the body. A manual lymphatic drainage therapist uses light and rhythmic hand movements on the skin, stimulating lymph nodes and the numerous lymphatic channels. Manual lymphatic drainage increases blood flow in deep and superficial veins.
Some of the conditions that may benefit from lymphatic drainage massage include:
- Chronic fluid retention in legs or arms.
- Swelling of a limb: pre or post-surgery.
- Post-mastectomy or breast cancer treatment.
- Breast tenderness & congestion.
- Fibromyalgia & Lupus
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Depression & Anxiety
- Hormonal & emotional imbalances
- Cellulite fat accumulation.
- Recurrent infections, e.g. colds, flu, tonsillitis, sinus & yeast infections.
Want to know more? Contact us about How MLD – Manual Lymphatic Drainage can help you!